Sunday, December 05, 2010

Thoughts on Lyme disease “or” ALS

I wanted to put my thoughts on this matter on the record.  Before you read too far, let me be clear that I do not believe there are the links that we are led to believe by so many postings on the Internet. I recently posted a video of leg fasciculations on YouTube here.  I received multiple feedbacks as well as many comments about whether or not it could be Lyme disease and not ALS.  In fact, there is an entire movement out there that is convinced that many ALS cases are in fact untreated Lyme or "chronic Lyme".  I have read about people taking large dose intravenous antibiotics (ceftriaxone as talked about in the videos below) in order to combat this. I have first hand knowledge on this (more on that later).  There is also a move to have people believe that various unproven health and "antiaging/nuerological" health supplements sold by many MLM outfits will have you cured and your symptoms reversed lickety-split. Be very wary people.

The majority of contacts I have received always seem to include a segment on how inaccurate and incapable blood tests are at detecting Lyme disease. While it may be true that standard blood tests are inadequate, my interest wanes quickly as I discover that they want me to take a certain supplement, call a certain Dr. or begin some miracle therapy.  I myself, had my blood work done by the premier lab just for this type of test. After also being pulled into this "Lyme" lie/scam/false belief... etc., I had heard of David Martz, MD through a friend and had watched his videos online.  A close friend of mine, also with ALS, was contacted by someone in Texas who had worked with Dr. Martz and his staff out of Creek Trail Medical Clinic in Colorado Springs.  Dr. Martz has since retired and Dr. William Harvey has taken over, at least as of 1 1/2 years ago.
About Lyme

Part 1 - Theory that ALS and other motor neuron diseases are linked to Lyme disease


Part 2 - ALS, Multiple Sclerosis, Alzheimer's and theorized links with Lyme disease

Their theory was also that some bacteria or disease that could be treated with powerful, high dose antibiotics delivered intravenously.  Before treatment, however, both my friend and I had blood drawn and sent off to IGeneX, Inc.  By the way, I also had blood tested at the Houston Medical Center as well as the University of Colorado Medical Center.  Which were also both negative for Lyme. Watch the videos in this post to form your opinion.
With regard to high dose antibiotics delivered intravenously;
…….tbf

1 comment:

  1. Every spring and summer brings the same questions about Lyme disease - are you at risk? If you spend any amount of time outdoors where ticks and mosquitoes frequent, you are at risk for both Lyme disease and West Nile Fever.

    metagenics ultrameal

    ReplyDelete