Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Fraudulent, False Hope 4 ALS, MS, PARKINSONS & MUSCULAR DYSTROPHY Runs Rampant on the Internet

Wow, everyone is out to make a buck these days, regardless of the consequences. It can be anything from Lyme disease treatments, sure-fire systems & regimens, Stem cell transplant scams or the latest miracle elixirs from the MLM (aka network marketing) company of the month. How about the “Financial Placebo Effect”. It’s gone too far and I’m not the first to notice. Blogs and sites are popping up everywhere to warn patients and families out there. Scams are abundant! Just search “supplement scams” or “stem cell cures for ALS

Having a public profile and being a vocal online ALS advocate means that I am a target for some incredibly sincere “sounding” emails and guinea pig requests and even the occasional psycho that bothers to track down a phone number. It takes some balls to phone in your scam to an ALS patient. Here’s just the tip of the iceberg…

========= Fraudulent False Hope Email Example =========

Dear [your name here],

I hope you are doing well in the midst of your ALS ordeal.  Please feel free to email or call me after you read this account of my experience and that of Eric Edney and others.  If my memory is correct, Eric was in a wheel chair and had lost the use of most of his left arm when he begin his program of recovery.  I was fortunate to begin my program mush earlier.
MY ALS RECOVERY AND THAT OF ERIC EDNEY
www.ericiswinning.com/
I have had all the symptoms of ALS except the muscle wasting  I would like to share what I learned and the peer reviewed science I have found with you and all other PALS.  
According to my neurologist, I had all the symptoms of ALS IN 2OO3 except muscle wasting.Since then I have successfully lessened my problems.
By detoxing mercury in many ways including taking OSR which the FDA took off the market because "it was too effective" ??, high doses of selenium as "sodium selenite" and in yeast bound form (absolutely not, I repeat not "selenomethionine"), taking sweat baths, and supplementing with manganese, various forms of sulfur and antioxidants, most of my symptoms are greatly diminished. Manganese helped me control cramps and fasiculations.  I am actually healthier and my muscle cramps and fasiculations have almost completely disappeared.  If I stop talking manganese I have choking problems and leg cramps.
I also begin to supplement with large dose of glutamine powder about 2005, which I believe helps prevent muscle wasting BUT YOU HAVE TO DETOXIFY FIRST BEFORE TAKING GLUTAMINE.  IT CAN CAUSE PROBLEMS SUCH AS MUSCLE WASTING IF YOU HAVE NOT DETOXED SUFFICENTLY.
I also discovered that MAGNESIUM STEARATE was contributing to my very severe leg cramps.  When I eliminated all magnesium  stearates from my supplements my cramps ceased.  
My mercury came from my mercury/silver fillings (I have none) and flu shots (I never have them!) and some sea food (Rarely).
Mercury is probably the major factor in causing most neurological disorders such as ALS, Alzheimer's. MS and Parkinson's Disease. The Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR) tell us:

"The nervous system is very sensitive to all forms of mercury."
http://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/tfacts46.html#bookmark05

Metallic mercury vapors come off mercury/silver fillings for the life of the fillings. This is explained in detail in Petition to Reconsider filed with FDA. See www.iaomt.org/articles/files/files314/petition%20for%20reconsideration%20090309.pdf   at page 24.for the science for the connection between mercury and neurological disorders. For ALS read pages 34-36 for the science to support the connection between mercury and this devastating neurological disorder.  The above website summarizes the ten peer reviewed science/medical papers connecting mercury exposure to ALS.  Lead is probably also a factor as it is highly synergistically toxic with mercury.
Mercury/silver fillings are by far the largest source of mercury, much more so then fish. Unfortunately most MDs are unaware of this or that mercury might be a factor in causing ALS. The International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology (IAOMT.org) is pushing this issue with the FDA by demanding a ban of mercury/silver fillings.
If considering having your fillings removed, be sure your dentist insures minimal exposure to the mercury vapor created by drilling to to remove. Most dentist do not realize the dangers to the patient & dental staff at the time of removal.  Many PALS have not benefited from this procedure because they were not probably protected from the large amounts of mercury vapor and particulate matter generated.    See
http://www.iaomt.org/articles/category_view.asp
Here is a trailer to an unfinished documentary trailer on people who have slowed and even stopped the progression of their ALS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjMLsa6I5tI&context=C34bbd2cADOEgsToPDskKqsOXOIar17QVmiyd5RBUV

Go to www.ericiswinning.com for more information on ALS,  Eric Edney has a compelling story of overcoming ALS. Eric says:

"If you have any neuro-degenerative illness, you could benefit from our book. Actually, there are over forty neuro-degenerative illnesses for which they do not have a CURE. That includes Multiple Sclerosis - Parkinson's - Alzheimer's - Fibromyalgia, and more. This is only my opinion, but I am convinced that almost all of these neuro illnesses are caused by the same thing; toxins such as pesticides, and heavy metals including mercury, lead, and arsenic." [1 person’s opinion]

I can explain what I did and am doing in much more detail.  I genuinely believe the progress of most ALS can be dramatically slowed or stopped if the symptoms have not progressed too far.  
I can be called at a/c 859   H-266-0364  C-619-7001  O-226-0700 or emailed
robertereeves1@gmail.com.  Please at least let me know you received this even if you want no more information.  
Best wishes to you for health, Bob Reeves

__________________

Watch out! Express your views to people who spread false hope for profit. Let them know how you feel. Notify authorities if what they’re doing is illegal !

1 comment:

  1. This comment was left on my facebook page by a gal I have been introduced to whose husband also has ALS:

    Thanks Julie, we almost got sucked in to the Lyme disease scam....you want to take advantage of anything out there so it is so tempting, but luckily my husband did more research before we made the plunge. Thank God we have smart hubby's. Terrrible to be taken advantage of by people with now conscience.

    ReplyDelete