Friday, January 08, 2010

Just Some of My Thoughts to Criticism

a response to potential criticism on our intentions...
-------------------------

I have been a part of this forum for years now and consider it extremely important. Personnel at ALSA and ALS TDI have previewed the show and say that it is one of the best that they have seen. People in these organizations would certainly know how we all feel. "Live for the Moment" was shot almost one year ago and we're extremely grateful for the opportunity. We've received the opportunity to travel and make memories with our family, but most of all, to achieve our number one goal of raising awareness, interesting volunteers to help ALS families and hopefully additional funding to find a cure.

The show is ultimately about living for the moment even in the face of adversity or after a life-changing event whatever it may be. I thank God every day for a slower than normal progression, but since the show was shot, my arms and hands have become significantly more atrophied. My wife now helps me shower, dress and while I can start feeding myself, I usually tire fairly quickly and she finishes feeding me. No one understands better than us PALS the realities of ALS, but this story reaches a larger audience and encourages living each day to the fullest and as if it were your last no matter what your situation may be. Too many people wait until it's too late and may lose focus on what's most important in life (family) or on their dreams.

I am an enthusiastic and optimistic guy. I'm not saying that ALS is easy, but I certainly feel strongly that it cannot be dealt with when a negative attitude is present. I have done my best to bring awareness and resources toward a cure for us all. I'll await the full airing of the show to comment further and hope you will find it inspirational. In a TV world that is showing crap like "Beavis and Butt-Head" Or "Jersey Shore", etc. I for one support any show that brings hope, inspiration, focus and family to the forefront... Smile

1 comment:

  1. thank you. Those are the kinds of comments that make me feel very good about the work we are doing in the ALS community. We can't always be 100% gung-ho, but we give it our best shot!

    * This was dictated with Dragon Naturally Speaking ver. 10 Pro speech recognition software. Please excuse any "Speakos" I may have made. :-)

    ReplyDelete