Friday, May 14, 2010

What is going on? Update...

Well, here is a little bit of a disjointed entry... The kids are excited to be out of school soon and are now counting down the school days 13, 12,... even though summer is approaching, you wouldn't know it by the weather here in Colorado. We got up to about 80° and two days later it was 31° and 4 inches of snow. A day later it's sunny and warm and the next day it rained all night. I actually really enjoy this weather and still am happy to live in it as compared to sunny and 70 every day in California. Sorry to all my old buddies back there in SoCal.

We are excited to do a little bit of traveling this summer and possibly a couple camping trips. The drive to Mount Rushmore, Michigan and then flights to Texas for national rally and flying back home. Friends of ours have volunteered to help our family camp through helping set up tents, and carrying all of the assorted gear. Of course, the boys know how to do all this, but a father generally take care of the majority, at least in my camping experience. Julie enjoys camping (somewhat), but definitely could do without all of the set up and tear down work. Steamboat Lake and a nice campsite in Rocky Mountain National Park are our favorites. We would like to also visit Yellowstone and camp near Old Faithful geyser.
Doing all of this is definitely getting harder with the continued progression and weakening of my arms. Now, my neck muscles are getting into the act (act of not working very well), and this is contributing to weakness and fatigue quite often during the day.

Recently we went to a ALS fundraiser, and walking through the tables for the silent auction items, with my head looking down, turned out to be a very difficult task. I find myself either wearing my neck brace or trying to balance my head in a very neutral, straight up position.

Experimenting with usage of different mice, the mouse head tracking unit called "Headmouse Extreme" and also trying to stay on top of training my speech software as my voice changes. I still very much enjoy being on the computer, updating all my social networking sites and staying attuned to all the latest technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment